English is a subject where students generally lack preparation due to other mainstream subjects. However, in today's world where markets are fast globalising English stands out as an important subject/language which students should not deprioritise. So here are a few points that students h
English is a subject where students generally lack preparation due to other mainstream subjects. However, in today's world where markets are fast globalising English stands out as an important subject/language which students should not deprioritise.
So here are a few points that students have to keep in mind while preparing for their class 10th CBSE English board exam in order to score well in the subject. Also, students can check out the link given below for previous year CBSE English question papers.
English question paper 1
English question paper 2
Section A (15 marks): It includes reading comprehension. Two unseen passages will be provided. The passage can be literary, factual or discursive to test comprehensions. Also, note making is provided in this section.
Section B (20 marks): It is the section where our writing skills are put to examine. Various forms of writings such as notice writing, letter writing, poster making, article writing etc. are included in this section.
Section C (15 marks): This section is meant to test the student's grammar skills.
Section D (20 marks): This section is based on literature and poems.
- Practice by writing out every answer. Writing will help you analyse your grammatical as well as spelling mistakes and help you improve on them.
- Read the chapters out loud. This technique will not only help you memorise the answers and important points, but also give you a clearer understanding of the language.
- Try and write about topics which are trending in the news. This will help you improve your style of writing and learn new terms.
- Prepare flash cards to remember the names of various authors and characters.
- Read every poem and chapter at least once and answer all the questions given at the end of the chapter/poem.
- Solve previous year papers/ sample papers to get familiar with the questioning pattern and to be able to identify your weak points.
- Always time yourself while answering the sample papers as it will help you manage time during the exam.
- Revise as many times as you can.
- Try and finish chapters which you fine easy to understand as it will boost your confidence.
- Read NCERT books regularly. CBSE board exam question papers are completely based on this book.
- Do not start a new chapter/topic at the last minute. Revise the topics/chapters which you have already completed.
Central Board of Secondary Education Board Exam Sample Question Paper for Class 10 are given here. CBSE Class X English Language and Literature Sample Paper gives an idea of question paper pattern and marking scheme.
Year: 2018, 2017, 2016
Examination: Board Exam for Secondary (Class 10)
Subject: English Language and Literature
CBSE Class 10 Sample Paper 2018 for English Language and Literature
CBSE Sample Question Paper for Class 10th Exam 2017 – 2018 is given below.
View Answers / Hints
More CBSE Class 10 Sample Paper for English Language and Literature
You can view / download all the sample papers from the above given links for free. CBSE Class 10 Sample Question Papers are recommended to be practiced more and more for better understanding of concepts. These sample papers also help student to know the weak areas where he / she need work a bit harder.
Click Here for All CBSE Sample Paper for Class XAll CBSE Sample PapersNotes
You wish to report grammatical or factual errors within our online articles, you can let us know using the article feedback form.